The Lock can be connected to Internet using WLAN.
Note: Lock will automatically change LAN to default configuration if WLAN is enabled when Lock is set to Client mode.
The Lock can be connected to a WLAN network by following these steps:
- Open the Lock’s browser interface and log in as admin user.
- Go to page Network > WLAN and click on the “Edit” button.
- Click on the “Enable” button, which activates the WLAN. The text on the left of the “Enable” button changes to “Wireless network is enabled”.
- Choose “Client” in option “Mode”.
- Write the name of the wireless network which you want to connect the Lock to into the field “ESSID”.
- If the wireless network uses encryption and password, set these in the “Wireless Security” tab.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button and wait until the settings have been saved.
- You can see the IP address of the WLAN client connection on the status page when the connection to the wireless station is successful.
- You can see more details on the wireless connection by going to Network > WLAN
Tosibox does not recommend using WEP Encryption, as it has been demonstrated to be easily hackable.