The Lock can be connected to Internet using WLAN.
Note: Lock will automatically change LAN to default configuration if WLAN is enabled when Lock is set to Client mode.
The Lock can be connected to a WLAN network by following these steps:
- Open the Lock’s browser interface and log in as admin user.
- Go to page Network > WLAN and click on the “Edit” button.
- Click on the “Enable” button, which activates the WLAN. The text on the left of the “Enable” button changes to “Wireless network is enabled”.
- Choose “Client” in option “Mode”.
- Write the name of the wireless network which you want to connect the Lock to into the field “ESSID”. Please note that this field is case sensitive! Certain combinations of punctuation or unprintable characters may cause connection issues so please try changing the network name if you are unable to connect.
- If the wireless network uses encryption and password, set these in the “Wireless Security” tab.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button and wait until the settings have been saved.
- You can see the IP address of the WLAN client connection on the status page when the connection to the wireless station is successful.
- You can see more details on the wireless connection by going to Network > WLAN
Tosibox does not recommend using WEP Encryption, as it has been demonstrated to be easily hackable.
Make sure to check that the correct radio mode is set:
If using an iPhone please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203302 and enable "Maximize Compatibility" if needed.