Important: VCL WAN and LAN interfaces have to be in different subnets! It is not allowed to use same subnet!
Things to take note on:
First network adapter created in this instruction is known as WAN-adapter. This is used to give VCL an Internet connection. Make sure that this subnet private address does not overlap ANY other subnets you are planning on connecting to VCL LAN-site.
- Contact Tosibox Sales to get your activation key and download vcl (vhd) image here: https://downloads.tosibox.com/VCL/
- Log into your Microsoft Azure portal at portal.azure.com
- Upload your downloaded VCL image into your storage blob:
- If you have no storage account, create one,else go to 4
- Go to storage account
- New - fill in names etc.
- Account: Performance: Standard (general purpose v2)
- Redundancy: Locally-redundant storage (LRS)
- Go to storage account
- Choose storage account
- Click on Container
- Click on +Container
- Public Access Level is Private (no anonymous access)
- Click on new created container
- Click Upload
- Choose on locally stored VCL Cloud file (.vhd)
- Create a new managed disc using this VCL image in your storage blob
- a) Ensure when creating this new Managed Disc to have your correct resource group selected for the storage blob
b) Give the Disc name
c) Correct region
d) Select Source type as Storage Blob if this is where the VCL image is sitting
e) OS type is Linux
f) Gen 1 VM
g) Size: minimum 16GB
- As seen in the below image
- Once you have created this Managed Disc, go to the resource and create the VM
- When creating the VM, ensure the image is the new Managed Disc you had just created that is now being attached to this VM. The Size should be minimum of 2CPUs and minimum of 4GB RAM.
- Under Monitoring enable Boot diagnostics with custom storage account then Review and Create the VM at the bottom.
- Once this VM has been created, go to the resource and confirm the status is Running
- To reach the activation page add inbound rule, go to Networking on the left column. "Add inbound port rule" and choose HTTP as service and tick allow.
- Finally type your public IP address (shown on new VM info page) to browser to get to activation window. Here use the license key that was emailed to your earlier and the Tosibox VCL will activate. After License is inserted, VCL will update (take several minutes, update browser window manually after 10 minutes to see if it still updating).
- If update is finished (windows will not load the license page anymore) go back to Azure portal and in the left column menu scroll down to the console option and select to enter the console screen for a ‘Remote Matching code’ that you then need to copy and activate in your master Key menu.
- Console should say; "VCL activated but no master key found.
Use remote matching code to serialize:
From here you can go to:
VCL on Cloud networking setup/integration VMs (Virtual Machines)
How to connect from VM via Azure VCL to Locks LAN