Important: VCL WAN and LAN interfaces have to be in different subnets! It is not allowed to use same subnet!
Things to take note on:
First network adapter created in this instruction is known as WAN-adapter. This is used to give VCL an Internet connection. Make sure that this subnet private address does not overlap ANY other subnets you are planning on connecting to VCL LAN-site.
- Go to https://www.tosibox.com/product/virtual-central-lock/ register on this page to receive your activation key and download instructions of the .vhd file of VCL
- Log into your Microsoft Azure portal at portal.azure.com
- Upload your downloaded VCL image into your storage blob (->Storage Account/Container - Create Container - Upload vhd-file)
- Create a new managed disc using this VCL image in your storage blob
- a) Ensure when creating this new Managed Disc to have your correct resource group selected for the storage blob
b) Give the Disc name
c) Correct region
d) Select Source type as Storage Blob if this is where the VCL image is sitting
e) OS type is Linux
f) Gen 1 VM
- As seen in the below image
- Once you have created this Managed Disc, go to the resource and create the VM
- When creating the VM, ensure the image is the new Managed Disc you had just created that is now being attached to this VM. The Size should be minimum of two CPUs and minimum of 2GB RAM.
- Under Monitoring enable Boot diagnostics then Review and Create the VM at the bottom.
- Once this VM has been created, go to the resource and confirm the status is Running
- Finally type your used public IP address to browser to get to activation window. Here use the license key that was emailed to your earlier is entered and the Tosibox VCL will activate. Then after activation is done go back to Azure portal and in the left column menu scroll down to the console option and select to enter the console screen for a ‘remote serialization key’ that you then need to copy and activate in your master Key menu.
From here you can go to:
VCL on Cloud networking setup/integration VMs (Virtual Machines)
How to connect from VM via Azure VCL to Locks LAN