This article only applies for Physical Keys (Master, Backup, and Subkeys) and Softkeys as they are the only keys types that can support Layer 2 connections.
Please see here for the differences in Layer 2 and Layer 3 connections: https://helpdesk.tosibox.com/en/support/solutions/articles/2100033971-when-to-use-layer-2-or-layer-3
After keys have been serialized to a lock, either as a Master key or as a Subkey via the master, a user can update their key connection to Layer 2. This performed as follows:
- Connect to the lock configuration interface and login
- Navigate to Settings -> Keys and Locks
- In the key section, find your key number.
- Change the dropdown box from Layer 3 - Routed to Layer 2 Bridged.
- If Lock's LAN DHCP Server is disabled, give static address for Key connection from Lock's LAN static range
- If you are trying scan the network, broadcast , or are using a protocol that requires layer 2 connectivity, you will also want to fully enable 2-way communications. To do this: Uncheck the box "Deny new IP Connections toward this device
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page to secure the changes.
NOTE: If you are connected to the lock remotely and make this change to the key making the connection, you will need to disconnect the connection with the key software and reconnect after saving the changes above.