The software of the Lock should be updated regularly. The Lock will need to have a valid DNS entry either via DHCP assignment or manually entered in the case of static assignment of network settings (address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS).
It is recommended to have the automatic updates enabled. The Lock will check the updates at a specified time and install any updates available.
- Auto-update enabled: set the automatic updates on / off
- Auto-update time window: set the hour when Lock will check for updates.
- Timezone: set the Lock timezone to correspond to Lock location timezone so that updates are checked and installed at the right time.
You can also install updates manually. This can be done by
- logging in as admin and clicking Settings > Software update
- After that click on the Start Software Update button under Manual Software update. (The button is not displayed if refresh/F5 page once. If still no button displayed updates are not available)
- You will see the software update status progress bar next. When done, a message will be displayed on the page.
- If the update will not succeed, there will be an error message visible on the page. This usually means that the internet connection of the Lock does not fully work. In this case please check first that the lock has valid DNS settings.
Note: An update can also be available as a ”system upgrade”, which must be installed manually from Lock’s web user interface even if automatic updates are on. The upgrade typically takes around 5-15 minutes, depending on the speed of the Internet connection. As part of the upgrade, the Lock’s memory is re-flashed, which is why it is very important not to power off the Lock during the upgrade. All settings and serializations are preserved over the upgrade.