Using the TOSIBOX® Mobile Client requires one TOSIBOX® Key device with SW version 2.8.0 or later, and TOSIBOX® Lock with SW version 2.8.0 or later. The client for iPhone and iPad requires TOSIBOX®Lock SW version 2.14.0 or later. You will also need a supported mobile device with TOSIBOX® Mobile Client installed (see below) and both the PC/Mac and the mobile device need to have access to the Internet. Each TOSIBOX® Key device comes with one Mobile Client license.
The TOSIBOX® Mobile Client can be downloaded free of charge from Google Play and the App Store:
Adding a new Mobile Client:
Open TOSIBOX® Key on a PC or Mac
- Select from menu: Devices > Manage Keys
- Select “Mobile Clients” tab and click “Add”
- Enter the name of the mobile device and click “Continue”
- Choose the Locks that the mobile device should have access to, and click “Continue”
Open TOSIBOX® Mobile Client
- Tap the icon to start the matching process
- Scan the QR code from the PC/Mac screen, or enter the code to the mobile device
- After the matching finishes, set a new password for the Mobile Client
You’re done. Now your Mobile Client is matched and can connect to the selected Locks and devices connected to them.
On the first time when the client is used:
- Android: the user needs to authorize the app to establish VPN connections by tapping “OK” or “I trust this application”.
- iPhone/iPad: the user needs to authorize the installation of the VPN profile by entering the device passcode.
Connecting to network devices
You can open network devices with web browser by clicking the globe icon in the Mobile Client. If your network device does not have a web interface (HTTP / HTTPS), you can use a third party application to make the connection. You can find third party applications on Google Play and the App Store. From below you may find some typical applications.
Hint: You don’t need to manually type in the IP address. You may copy the network device IP address to clipboard by using the IP button. After this you may paste the IP address to a third party application.
Note: the following third party apps are available at the time of writing and are provided as illustration. Tosibox can not guarantee the operation and maintenance of these apps.
Windows Remote Desktop Protocol
You can make RDP connections using one of the following programs:
- Microsoft Remote Desktop on Android and iOS. (can be launched directly from Mobile Client on Android)
- Parallels RDP Client on Android
VNC connections can be made e.g. with
- bVNC on Android (can be launched directly from Mobile Client on Android)
- VNC viewer: Android, iOS (can be launched directly from Mobile Client on iOS)
Siemens SIMATIC WinCC Sm@rtClient